Build a Career
General Dynamics Electric Boat is committed to growing and improving our business through continuous process improvement. As part of our commitment to team with the US Navy to improve product cost, schedule, quality and safety performance, we have deployed an active Lean Six Sigma program. The foundation of our Lean Six Sigma program is to:
- Invest in our most valuable resource, our people, with training in the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Challenge these highly trained people to solve our most difficult problems on a full- and part-time basis
- Provide necessary management support to achieve breakthrough results
Lean Six Sigma is a key enabler to help maximize the talents of our workforce through continued leadership development opportunities, perform on our backlog by reducing cycle times, improve quality and cost performance, position Electric Boat to capture new business by making our products more affordable, and establish process improvement as a core competency.
Our goal at Electric Boat is to:
- Change the way we manage the business by managing both product and process value streams
- Use meaningful metrics to drive behavior
- Prioritize our activities to invest resources in critical initiatives
- Align the company to clear, simple, visible objectives
We accomplish these goals through the engagement of employees, suppliers and customers and through the use of the Lean Six Sigma toolset.
Lean Six Sigma training is offered regularly to employees in all portions of the organization.